Monday, August 7, 2017
- 7th meeting of the Olive Development Group (ODG) (1st Annual Meeting) was held on Monday August 7, 2017 at Barani Agricultural Research Institute (BARI) Chakwal. The meeting was chaired by Secretary Agriculture Mr. Muhammad Mahmood and attended by 53 participants representing stakeholders to olive sector development. USAID’s Mission Director Jerry Bisson, Provincial Director Punjab Ms. Alyson McFarland and Deputy Director Agriculture Daniel Miller especially attended. Meeting started at 10:00 am and continued till 01:00 pm.
- The meeting started with recitation of Holy Qur’an while PEEP BEE specialist Mr. Asad Zahoor presented an item wise progress of decisions and resolves of earlier meetings of the ODG.
- Meeting Highlights are;
- Secretary Agriculture presented the Annual ODG Report to Jerry Bisson,
- Matching Grant signed between USAID PEEP and Allied Foods for establishment of first mobile olive oil extraction unit in Punjab.
- The USAID Mission Director inaugurated olive oil extraction facilities at BARI, funded by Punjab Agriculture Department, Govt. of Punjab.
- The Mission Director also visited BARI facilities, olive pavilion and planted an olive tree.